Pork Medallions in Riesling Sauce
Flour or chicken breading (I use Autrey’s)
4 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup Riesling wine
½ cup yellow raisins
1 Tbs. green peppercorns
3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. thyme
½ tsp. dried oregano
¼ cup additional unsalted butter
½ cup heavy cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the pork tenderloin into medallions ½ – ¾ “ thick
- Season with salt & pepper
- Coat with breading shake off excess
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 Tbs. butter and add onions and garlic
- Sauté until brown (this may take a while, but have patience, it really makes a difference in taste)
- Transfer to a bowl
- In same skillet, melt the rest of the butter and brown half the pork. Place on serving dish and keep warm. Brown the other half and place on serving dish. Keep warm.
- Return the onion mixture to the skillet and add Riesling, raisins, vinegar, and herbs. Simmer 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add cream, stir and add pork.
- Heat through and serve
- Serving suggestion: over Spaetzle!